We’ll help you get started
If you're ready to start your online education, an Everest team member is prepared to make sure your equipment is ready by running a browser test. They can also guide you on how to set up everything computer-related that you might need for your online educational experience.
24/7 Technical Support
Our technical support team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to assist you if you ever have any problems. The contact information for a technical support hotline that you can call anytime will be provided to you in an email upon enrollment.
Here are some minimum requirements you'll need to take classes online:
System and Browser Requirements
Microsoft Windows Users:
- Windows 7, XP or Vista, 8 or 8.1
- 56K modem or higher
- Sound card and speakers
At least one of the following updated browsers:
Mac OS Users:
- Mac OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10 or higher
- 56K modem or higher
- Sound card and speakers
At least one of the following browsers:
- iPad – iOS 5.1 (or latest)
- Known issues of iPad:
- File uploads are not supported
- By default iPad does not support opening zip files
- Tip: The user can use a third-party application to browse and view content in a zip file.
- Documents opened in course frame are not scrollable because frames always get resized to fit their content
- Classlive pro authoring plug-ins are not available for iPad.
- Classlive lead/join session and playback functionality does not work in iPad because the iPad does not support Java.
- Examguard Lockdown browser is not available for iPad.
- "Join chat room" functionality does not work on iPad because the iPad does not support Java.
We recommend setting your screen resolution to 1,024 x 768 pixels. If you currently see a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of your screen and would like to eliminate this, you can do so by resizing your screen. If you need help with your screen settings, please see the instructions for resizing your screen.
- Mobile Sites
- iPhone: iOS Safari 3.1.3 and above
- Android: OS Browser 1.5 and above
- Windows: OS Browser 7.0 and above
- BlackBerry: OS Browser 5.0 and above
- WebOS: OS Browser 1.4.1 and above
- Symbian: OS Browser 3.0 and above
- Native Apps
- Android: OS 2.1 and above
- iPhone: iOS 3.0 and above
- Windows: Windows Phone 7, 480 x 800 resolution
eMobile Classroom Access
The following steps will guide students through downloading the EUO mobile application for the first time. Any student who already has the application on their device can continue to use it as is. If you need to re-install the application for any reason, please follow the below steps. For full access, you can also visit the eMobile Classroom on your mobile phone browser.
Step 1: Determine Device Compatibility
- iPhone: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
- iPad: Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Android and Android Tablet: Requires Android 4.0 and up.
Step 2: Based on the type of mobile device, the respective App Store needs to be accessed from the mobile device.
Download the Mobile App
Step 3: Search for "Pearson LearningStudio" and download the application.
NOTE: "LearningStudio" must be ONEWORD for the search to return the correct app options.
Links provided for reference. They give access to the same market place the student will access.
Step 4: Search for Everest University Online within the Pearson LearningStudio application.
Step 5: Type in your user name and password used to login to eCollege to access courses.
Step 6: Through the eMobile application, you will be able to access the following functions:
- Calendar: Easily browse due dates; lists all assignments and when they are due.
- Announcements: Read announcements in each course posted by the instructor.
- Discussions: View the discussion topics and respond by creating new posts or responses to classmates.
- Gradebook: Review grades and instructor comments for assignments.
Minimum Feature Requirements
The following components are needed to access certain features of the system. You will be able to access your course without these; however, you may not be able to access certain features. Before downloading any of the applications below, we suggest you check with your instructor to make sure the features are used in your course.
- ClassLive Audio
- Assistive Technology
- Third-Party CoursePacks
Your instructor may choose to include a CoursePack (for example, a collection of readings, articles or video clips). Because actual CoursePack content varies, you may or may not have additional system requirements. Check with your instructor or with the third-party CoursePack provider for specific requirements.
Mac OS Users
- 256 MB RAM
- Mac OS X 10.4 and above
- G4, G5 or Intel Processor
- ClassLive Audio
- Sound card with speakers and microphone or headset
- Flip4Mac for use with Windows Media files on Macs
*Required for students only if instructor is using ClassLive Audio.
- Third-Party CoursePacks -- Your instructor may choose to include a CoursePack (for example, a collection of readings, articles, video clips). Because actual CoursePack content varies, you may or may not have additional system requirements. Check with your instructor or with the third-party CoursePack provider for specific requirements.
You will need a personal email account to receive communications from within your course. If the school does not provide an account, you may sign up for one with any third-party email system (e.g., Yahoo, Google, Hotmail, Comcast). We suggest you avoid using special characters (e.g., "+," "&," "$") in your email address, as they can cause problems with some systems and make it difficult for messages to reach the intended mailbox
Satellite and Cellular Internet Connections
If this is the only connection you have access to please note that you may experience sporadic issues while working in your online courses. If you report these problems to the helpdesk, we will attempt to address them with your satellite or cellular connection provider.
While working in your online courses via a wireless router or wireless connection, you may experience problems such as various error messages. If you contact the online helpdesk, please be aware that part of the troubleshooting process may be to have you bypass your wireless router or connection. If bypassing the wireless router resolves the problems you are experiencing, you will either need to continue to bypass the router or contact the router manufacturer's support to further diagnose the source of this problem.
Get the Software You Need
Make sure that your computer's software is the latest version to have the best possible online experience with your current equipment. Most computers today have a setting to enable automatic updates for your software, including operating system, Internet browsers, virus protection and more.
Protect Your Computer from Viruses, Malware and Adware
To keep your computer running optimally and virus-free/malware-free, we strongly advise you to regularly update any of your existing software applications, including your operating system, and any browser you may be using. Keeping these updated regularly will prevent most attacks to your computer.
However, you might also consider installing additional protection software before taking any online classes. Many protection software developers will have virus protection, but may also offer anti-malware, including adware and spyware blockers. Here are a few we recommend:
PC Users: Update Windows Automatically
You no longer have to search for critical updates and information. You can specify how and when you want Windows to update your computer.
For example, you can choose to have Windows notify you whenever it finds updates available for your computer; it will then download the updates in the background and allow you to continue working uninterrupted.
Or you can set up Windows to automatically download and install updates on a schedule you specify. This lets you keep your computer up to date without interruptions. You don't even have to be at your computer.
Here's how to schedule automatic updates:
- Open Control Panel.
- On the Automatic Updates tab click "Automatically download the updates and install them on the schedule that I specify."
- Set the days and time when you want Windows to install updates.
After you set this option, Windows finds updates on the Windows Update website that apply to your computer and downloads them automatically in the background (you are not notified or interrupted during this process). When downloading is complete, a message appears in the status area so you can review the updates that are scheduled for installation. If you choose not to install at that time, Windows starts the installation on your set schedule.
Here are a few points to keep in mind:
- To modify automatic updates settings, you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the administrators group. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might also prevent you from completing this procedure.
- Windows might prompt you to restart your computer after certain components are installed. Please restart your computer when prompted in order to ensure it continues working properly. If you are logged on to your computer, Windows gives you the option to delay the restart. Be sure to save any work prior to the scheduled installation time.
Apple/Mac Users: Automatic Software Updates
- To enable automatic software updates, click on the Apple icon in the top left of your menu bar, then click "About this Mac" and then click on "Software Update."
- You can easily have it check for updates to your operating system and software you may have installed on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Simply click the "check for updates" box and select your preferred frequency. You can also have it automatically download the updates with a simple click.
- Notices will usually tell you when the software update/installation is complete and which software was updated. Once the installation is complete, you may be prompted to restart your software application or your computer.